I have always enjoyed the planning of a project even more than it’s realisation. This is possibly because my brain works better than my hands and I have often planned various creative projects that have never been taken any further.
Recently my mind has been totally occupied with planning the blanket for my granddaughter and it has been through several iterations that I will share with you one day. This is one of the reasons that I have not written posts about the progress of the blanket because, since it is made from individual motifs and I have eschewed join-as-you-go as a method for its construction, I will not know how it will look till I have finished it.
However, my plan now seems fixed, the number of motifs needed have almost been completed and so my mind has begun to wander on to other things.
It popped into my head that it might be fun to create another Celtic bookmark design.
though patterns for all of them are included in my book.
I then got out my Celtic Knotwork book. to look at what it calls a “Josephine Knot”.
I had previously though that this looked a bit tricky but thought now that I might be able to create it.
So I drew a couple of versions out based on my normally way of drawing knots.
I also drew a rough version of a two-loop twist.
The question is which to start with and whether to start in crochet cotton or DK yarn.
The Josephine knot is very tempting because the sections are much shorter and so quicker to complete but I can see the Josephine knot does need adapting from my normal pattern so it might be easiest to start with a short version of the first one in DK yarn.
Although the blanket is still my major focus I have now finished all the main motifs and need to wait till the weekend when I can show it to my granddaughter, so maybe I can steal a little time to work on this.
I have sold a fair number of the earlier Celtic Bookmark patterns though only one person has created a project on Ravelry with a completed bookmark.
The original bookmark does need a starting chain which is almost 400 chain in length. If I could get this to work, it might prove an easier alternative.