Yes! it’s the Spiderdream top I made for myself all finished.
In the end I used all but 5g of the 250g, 1000m cake of yarn.
The one on the left – why take another photo!
If anything, I preferred the feel of the Hobbii yarn over the Scheepjes Whirl (both cotton and acrylic mix). However as I got into the green part of the cake I found the yarn was increasingly coming out in chunks that tangled easily and in the end I spent a crazy amount of time having to untangle the yarn as I approached the blue part. I don’t remember that sort of problem with the Whirl.
The pattern officially ends sooner than my version and I might have had enough yarn for the normal version if I had used the other 100% cotton yarn, in the photo on the right, which only runs to 800m. I do prefer the look of the garment with an extra frilly section.
When I had finished the last round of the final part, I was not very happy to find that the last round was blue/purple mix for one half and fully purple for the other half. My most accurate calculation suggested that if I tried to do an extra round with the purple I would run out a little way before the end, so I compromised and worked a round of dcs (US-scs) and I actually quite liked the more finished look that it created.
I decided that photographing myself in the mirror as I have done recently would not work so well for this garment and so went back to the camera on the windowsill method.
Here I share a few different views.
The shorter side – I am wearing it this way round but you can wear it the other way so I won’t call it right side.
The longer side. I really enjoyed wearing it and when I had finished the photographs didn’t want to take it off. However Summer does seem to have finally ended so I will have to pack it away for next year.