I have completed the first of my new socks and started the second.
As you can see I wound off quite a bit of yarn with an eye to having the socks match but it is always hard to judge and you can also see that they won’t quite manage it. Of course I could undo the second one now I know how much less is needed but I don’t feel like undoing the toe which requires so much more effort than the length.
Almost matching is also good!
I decided to make this pair longer than I used to, like my last pair. They will be good for the winter.
I am finding that even knitting is making my left wrist hurt so mixing it with crochet – easy crochet – is a good idea.
Making the succulents puts more of a strain on my wrists, with the tighter stitches and especially with the cotton yarn which slides less easily. So a blanket seemed so appealing, especially as I had a simple idea for one.
I have bought the yarn and made a start. Hope to show you in a few weeks time.