I have been feeling a little out of sorts lately, not sure which project to start next, so when I heard that the Apostleship of the Sea wanted hats (among other things) as Christmas presents for seamen, I decided to make one.
I found a pattern suggested by the Apostleship of the Sea in a different area which said that aran weight was best. Now I have quite a bit of yarn left over from making this because I adapted a pattern with three quarter length sleeves and a fitted body and so had to guess the amount of yarn to buy and I over-estimated.
The yarn is a lovely soft 100% merino wool so should be great for keeping seamen’s heads warm on chilly days.
I had enough to make two hats and here they are. I don’t feel the sewing up of the seam is perfect but it won’t show too much if worn round the back.
Another thing that I have made recently is a new dishcloth, as I reported I would be doing when I showed you this yarn.
This time I made it bigger than last time, using 40 trebles across. I used the same two rows of three border from my book as before although I chose it independently! Because it is bigger than before it does take longer to dry but I like it in use.