I recently finished the other half of my Celtic cushion cover and joined the two halves together.
I chose to sew the sides together as I thought that would be the easiest in spite of the fact that I don’t like and am not very good at sewing (probably some cause and effect here!).
I actually sewed from the right side because the stitches would tend to show anyway and I thought this way I would get the neatest result.
As a closure, so I can remove the cushion pad easily should it become necessary, I decided on buttons. I had thought about clear, virtually invisible, buttons but then I saw these and thought they were very pretty in an understated way.
I increased the length of the original side with a few rows of dcs for something to sew the buttons onto then used the natural gaps in the crochet for button holes.
I think this gives an unobtrusive finish to what I regard as the ‘back’ of the cushion. Though with all my cushions I turn them from time to time to see both sides.
Here you can see the nominal front of the cushion (the side I showed you before). And the new side that is a variation. I have been having the cushion alongside me on the settee since I made it, so I removed all the mess, to show it off to you. The snuggle blanket is there, all ready, for when I need it.
I am very happy with my new cushion and the interleaving layers make it very tactile.
I regard all my cushions as little works of art and here you can see them all in a row. These are nominally the fronts.
And here are the other sides. I think they make a lovely set of cushions to brighten up my sitting room.