Do you remember when I showed you this teaser. Well the squares on the left were for one side of a cushion cover. So are the ones on the right but I haven’t made the full set yet.
Now I haven’t done much crochet since I made these and it seems to have been all knitting. I started sewing them together – yes! sewing though it isn’t my joining method of choice as any other method seemed too tricky – some few weeks ago but I started by using some left over ‘camel’ coloured yarn and I decided that showed up too much and that black would be better. I didn’t have any black yarn.
Now having finally got around to buying some black yarn and spending the time on sewing them together I can show you the finished side for a cushion. I have worked a couple of rows of dcs (US scs) round the edge but will have to leave that now till I make the other side.
I have been planning to make this for a long, long time.
I was first inspired seeing THIS BLANKET. I knew I didn’t want to make a whole blanket but I thought I could consider making a cushion cover.
So I drew this sketch to see how I might arrange the squares to give the right effect. More recently, after I had finished my recent snuggle blanket, I sat down drew a larger version and coloured it in with an eye to using some of the yarn left over from the blanket. It may not be obvious but I mainly chose shades that were different to those I would normally use for a rainbow inspired selection. Spice instead of jaffa for instance.When it is finished I think it will make a colourful companion to this one.