Just a short post today as I have had a bad cold these last few days and none of my ongoing projects are finished yet.
Do you remember these:-
And how I used stuff to make the soles non-slip.
As you can see rather badly, partly because the stuff became very thick once the pot had been opened but also because I am a bit clumsy with things like that.
Well in wear I had two problems because the second coat had made the bobbles too thick and so they hurt my feet and tended to break off.
Eventually I removed most of the bobbles that were left and waited for inspiration and time.
Having looked at all the sew on soles that one could buy – and the prices! I finally decided to try and make my own from dishcloth cotton and silicone sealer. The soles are crocheted not knitted!
This is the result.
I actually made the first one a while ago and unlike the special non-slip sole stuff silicone sealer actually stays at the right consistency weeks later. (I had bought it to use in my shower tray.)
They had been worn when I took this photograph which is why the cotton is not gleaming white.
Of course knitted slippers are fine on carpets but I have a ceramic floor in my kitchen and I wanted to be safe when I went in there. The silicone sealer works well for this.
The soles show a little in use but that means, I hope, that the wool is not rubbing on the floor and since they are sewn on, if the soles wear out before the uppers, I can remove them and make some more.