I have finished the shrug I was making with the mohair yarn I aquired.
Here is the finished knitted piece.
Unlike the woman who contributed the pattern to Ravelry, I joined the top of the side to the bottom of the side rather than a few inches up because I thought that it gave a lovely line to the garment and didn’t find it ‘slouchy’ but then maybe I am a little larger than she was!
Here is a picture of the side view.
And the back view.
I find using the self-portrait feature on the camera very stressful and nor entirely satisfactory so maybe it is no surprise that for the first set of photographs that I took, I was wearing the shrug upside-down.
Surprisingly I found that this gave a different but by no means unpleasing alternative – a longer line and smaller collar.
I would definitely recommend this pattern. (Also found in Ravelry).
Very easy, elegant lines to finished garment and I think could be made in other yarns.