I am now just over half way through my ‘sea and sand’ ripple blanket. Over half way in that I have decided to reverse the order of the colours for the stripes of the second half and the top royal blue stripe will not be repeated.
I calculated before I started the blanket (in the way that I do) that each 100 g ball would be enough for eight of the double rows so as I chose fourteen colours that would give me fifty-six rows for half the blanket. When I had completed those fifty-six rows I decided that I really wanted the blanket to be a little longer so the last nine rows above (and the eight I am about to do) have been worked with yarn out of my general stash.
I wasn’t sure if I liked it earlier on but now I have got this far I have changed my mind and like it very much.
The next time I do a post about it will be when I have finished it, together with a border.
After all this time, I now find that I can mostly make nice even puff stitches on the first attempt, so I must be learning something. That’s the advantage of making a blanket like this. You do get a lot of practice at the stitches involved.
I took the above picture last week when the light was good and I was half-way through. I am planning to reduce my quota from five stripes a week to four because that will still have the blanket finished by September and it’s easier to fit in with other projects but this last weekend I have done another four and a half stripes.