When I was sent this yarn from Patricia at DaniellaJoe’s in April, I said that I would be making some more socks.
Well I have managed to make one sock
I finished it a week or so ago but since then I have been trying to catch up with the CAL and had lots of other things to do. So it is only today that I have got around to starting the second sock.
However I decided I would show you the one sock and a close up of the start of the second one so you can really see the colours.
I managed to cast the first sock off nice and loose and with the second sock I found I managed to make the transition from the part with wraps to shape the toe to the round and round for the foot much more smoothy than normal so I feel I am at last getting to grips with this sock making.
Well I showed you my first dishcloth –
At the time I was reluctant to use it, as I didn’t know how long I could keep it looking acceptable.
But in the end I did start using it, taking the advice of one commentator to bleach it from time to time.
And now it is like this –
The red has faded a little and it is not quite as white but still respectable.
However it is a little thick and takes a long time to dry, so having been told of some finer dishcloth cotton that was available locally, I am making another one, using the same stitch and have got this far.
In time I think I will experiment with other stitches and maybe try knitted cloths as well as crochet.