At last I have finished my Flower Cloth.
Had a lot of trouble with the photographs as the light has been so low. It’s brightening up now but I think these will do.
Luckily my camera will take pictures at a twentieth of a second that are usable.
Here is the cloth as it will be in use
I use my second bedroom as a study (you can see my computer in the mirror) and I have a pine topped table in there that was my grandmother in-law’s kitchen table long ago. When I have guests to stay it becomes the guest bedroom and I use the table as a dressing table. I decided that a pretty crochet cloth would just add a touch of elegance.
Here is a close up of the edging.
I did several rows of granny groups of trebles like the main squares but using up the different colours as well as the two greens and finished off with some granny ‘corners’ but I used 3tr, 3ch, 3tr rather than only 2ch because that made them pointier.
A few statisics:-
I bought nineteen 50gm balls of Rico Essentials Cotton which ended up costing about £40.
One each of: Tangerine, White, Cobalt Blue, Fuschia, Purple, Cardinal and Banana.
Two balls of Fir Green and ten of Grass Green.
And this is what I have left.
The finished cloth is just a little under 40ins (1m) square).
I can’t say how long it took to make as I started it in June and had thought it would be finished by the end of August but then I started making socks and lots of other things and it got a bit neglected for a while.
* * * * * *
I thought that I would also share with you some pictures of the cakes I made on Saturday. The light was even worse then!
They are just normal two egg creaming method mixture and standard butter icing.
I got thirteen out of the mixture. So now I have cakes to have with my tea as well!