Well, today was the only day I felt I had the time to do this post.
I have to thank Crafts by the Sea for nominating me for the Versatile Bloggers Award. When I see all the amazing blogs out there I feel very humbled and wonder if I am adding anything worthwhile myself. So it is extremely kind of her to nominate me and I am very grateful because it is great to be noticed.
As I understand it, what is expected of those who are nominated for this award is that you:-
- Thank the person who gave you the award – done
- Include a link to their blog – see above
- Tell seven things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other blogs for the award
- Tell them that they have been nominated
This time I decided that I would take my time and try to do it properly and find a full fifteen blogs to nominate myself.
Having come to the conclusion that this award is primarily meant for relatively new bloggers I set myself the following criteria.
- Relatively new blogger with not too many followers – if possible (this applies more to some than others)
- Interesting content
- To include comment on why I chose them
- Not too big a gap between posts
- Doesn’t appear to have been nominated for this award before
The last criterion had me having to delete some promising candidates, sometimes because they got nominated after I had put them on my list. 😦 But good for them.
So first seven things about myself.
- I am an altar server and an MC on Sundays. This also means now that I am retired that I attend a lot of funerals in my capacity as altar server.
- I love my garden even though I have always said that I have brown crinkly fingers rather than green ones. 😉
- I try to be as ecological as I can.
- I am a perfectionist.
- I am relatively uncoordinated so getting the knitting and crochet even close to the standard I desire can be tricky.
Now my nominated Fifteen Blogs:-
(I have still veered towards crochet and knitting blogs.)
The order is simply the order I discovered them.
I found myself using the words colourful and beautiful in almost every description so I decided to leave out adjectives and just let you know that I think that they all include some beautiful and colourful work in their blogs.
Craftaceous Period – check out her collection of crochet squares
Megs J Shep – look for her baby items
ohmisterknitter – has crochet and knitting to see
My Crafty Therapy – loves rainbows as much as I do
blondiesBEARista – photos, crochet …….
eskimo rose – pictures, chat, crafts
Crochet and Tea – amigurumi and fabrics
Colouring With Yarn – lots of projects
Gossycrafts – I liked her approach; crochet and knitting
lifemultithreaded – interesting variety including crochet
rozaanthony – check out her knitted mitts and socks
knitsnips – lots of things including socks; knitting and crochet
Crochet Thoughts – crochet but also knitting
Domestic Goddess Project – lots of things: food, crochet, gardening….
The Green Dragonfly – crochet including patterns
Now to go and tell them that they are nominated.